Medipedia: Ecosystem for medical tourism industry
Connects the patients to healthcare organizations through blockchain technology
Chief Technology Officer
More than 9 years of experience in software development and blockchain development
Developed Distributed systems, RESTful architectures and scalable, low-latency systems that provide high availability of applications for investment banks such as Barclays, HSBC and BNY Mellon
M.Sc in Information Technology and Management at Symbiosis International University
B.Sc in Information Technology at Ravenshaw University
Hospital director at Miso Medical Clinic
Adjunct Professor at Eulji university hospital
Member of the Korean Association of Internal Medicine
Member of the Korean Association of the study of the Liver
Member of the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Member of the Korean Endocrine Society
Member of the Korean Diabetes Association
Member of the Korean Society of Clinical Chemistry
M.D at Chosun University
Hospital director at Cheongna Women’s Hospital
Adjunct Professor at Gacheon University Gil Medical Center
Member of the Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Member of the Korean Society of Perinatology
Member of the Korean Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Member of the Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology
M.D Obstetrics Specialist
Hospital Director at Dasarang Alcoho Hospital
Counsellor of the driver's license test board of the Cheon-Nam National Police Agency
Board of directors of the Medical Association of Gwangju
Chairman of the Committee for Basic Mental Health and Evaluation
Director of the Korean Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
Auditor of alumni association and scholarship foundation of Chosun University Medical School
Adjunct Professor at Chosun University Medical School
M.D Mental Health Specialist
Chief Marketing Officer at Internxt where he oversees the entire marketing efforts. He also has been a content writer for several big projects such as: Snovio and Bitcoin Cash (Bitcoin.com).
His unique experience and involvement in the crypto community makes his skill set extremely valuable for Medipedia.
- Crowdsale (50%)
- Team (20%)
- Advisor (5%)
- Early investor (5%)
- Business development & bounty program (12%)
- R&D (8%)
- Platform Development (20%)
- Operating & Wage Expenses (10%)
- Administration Expenses (5%)
- Legal Expenses (5%)
- Securities Deposit (10%)
- Marketing Promotion (30%)
- Business Development and Partnership (20%)
Cost of the token1 token for 0.01 $
Price without discounts
Rate the project
Estimate the project on a five-point scale or switch to the simple scale
Estimate the project on a simple scale or switch to the five-point scale
Relevance of the problem and Market size
Founders, Team & Advisors
Budget allocation and roadmap
Token economy, Tokenization & Business model
Distribution & Lock up of tokens, Discounts for early buyers
Summary rate the project
Rate the project by other users5
I like the project due to its uniqueness, as the area is very specific and I didn't come across with any alternatives. The GitHub repository looks relevant and actively developed by the Team, so tokencrowdsale repository is organised as well as smartcontract and eosiomedipediatoken.
Risks and disadvantages
Regardless of the technical side of the things, the white paper doesn't disclose all the benefits along with the solution details. It looks very high-level and might be underestimated, so I would encourage investing in explaining more details regarding market placement, project implementation and revenue model.
Overall, I can see that the project has big potential, however, the white paper needs some elaboration in order to provide a clear understanding of the project.
The team participates in blockchain related events. I think combination of blockchain and health care service is a very promising idea, people need a decentralised service where they can find a reliable data and a project that provides a better service can become a very successful one.
Risks and disadvantages
Probably the project should invite new team members with a fresh eye, who would help to fill the gaps and to write a white paper answering all possible investors' questions.
Many blockchain projects are currently developing ideas related to health care. Some of them have a very attractive presentation, a sound business plan and strong token economy. If I would choose right now Medipedia wouldn't be my favourite. Meanwhile I'm inclined to think that the project can show better results if more advisers and specialists participate.
A relatively large share of tokens is held by the team and this gives the to be investors confidence in the team because this is a way of showing its total devotion towards the startup. The currencies traded on the platform are of high value meaning that token value will gradually increase.
Risks and disadvantages
Some countries are to openly welcoming for the use of crypto currency due to various reasons this will hinder its desired expansion to various foreign markets more awareness has to be created so that the funding process are a success.
This filed of involvement is not very much explored and will give the chance of having monopoly in the market.
Team consists of experienced founders, advisors and partners. Thus, there are 2 type of advisors and partners: medical and corporate ones. Besides English, the website is available in Chinese, Korean and Japanese. It means that high attention has been paid to the Asian investors. A significant advantage is the MVP. Marketing is also a strong side of the project. There are lots of social networks, where people can get information about the platform ( Facebook, Medium, Telegram,Youtube, Instagram, Steemit).
Risks and disadvantages
Roadmap can be more detailed if some dates were also mentioned. 20 % of all tokens from the pool are reserved for the team members. That is too much, as token rate can be manipulated on the market.
As a whole, the project has future potential, however it can face difficulties with implementation. As it is based on blockchain, new technologies have not fully entered into our life. Years can pass before it becomes popular.
Several partners in medical industry are mentioned on the website. The project has 11700 followers on Twitter account and almost 30000 followers on Telegram. There is a video presentation of the platform from the founder.
Risks and disadvantages
An alpha version of the platform is planned to be released in June 2019, which is a long time. Token utility is not described in detail. It is mentioned that incentives are planned to encourage third party participation, but there is no detailed information about it.
The Whitepaper describes the product in detail, however it is difficult to catch the main competitive advantages. I also can't suggest why token's value should grow. I think it would be useful to provide more information about a marketing strategy, business model and team's plan of the ecosystem development.
What kind of problems do you fix with this project?
We will resolve the inconvenience caused by the imbalance of medical information in the existing medical tourism and medical services market, so that we can create a new medical tourism and medical service ecosystem. Currently, most of the medical information is managed by medical institutions only, therefore it is not hard for the consumers to get those information. Medipedia will ease the existing imbalance of medical information, get rid of many inconveniences such as expensive price, and encourage external users to take part in the system, using the block chain technology, which is expressed as decentralization. This is a new an ecosystem of medical tourism and information system. MediPedia is planning to provide our customers with on-platform healthcare consulting services, healthcare matching services, social media & blog services, interactive review systems, big data technology services, tourism & travel, interpretation services, health insurance linking services and health services alliances. Also, MEDIPIDIA will develop and provide appropriate services as soon as possible whenever needed.
- Please refer to the white paper of MEDIPIDIA for further information.
What is the funding from ICO used for?
- The funding from ICO will be used to develop the platform and partnership. Please refer to the white paper of Medipedia, the part of 4.3 Token Generation Event, for further information.
Is the token of Medipedia safe?
- The token of Medipedia is as safe as the one of Bitcoin and Ethereum. More security systems such as 2FA will be added after launching.
I’d like to know the team and background in Medipedia
- For now, about 20 members are working on our project together. They have a lot of experience in medical service, blockchain, and startup.
What is the specialty of Medipedia?
- Medipedia builds the most transparent and decentralized ecosystem of medical service and medical tourism, using blockchain technology. We also resolve the imbalance of information between the patients and medical institutions, providing with the transparent price of medical service. Please refer to the white paper of Medipedia, 2.2.2. Platform comparative advantage of Medipedia.
Can I transfer to my Ethereum wallet?
- Yes, you can transfer the tokens to your Ethereum wallet which conform to the ERC20 standard.
Can I withdraw the token in your service?
- Yes, you can withdraw after ICO.
Where can I check the progress of Medipedia's ICO?
- The progress of ICO will be posted on the first page of our social media account on a regular basis.
What if Medipedia are funded more than needed in ICO?
- There will be no problem because we are under Hardcap.
What kind of value can I expect by buying the token?
- Please refer to the white paper of MEDIPIDIA, 4.1. Medipedia Token.
What do I have after buying the tokens?
- Medipedia, as a hybrid token, provides our customers with every service in our platform. Please refer to the white paper of Medipedia, 4.Token model.
About the escrow
- Like other ICOs, the profit made by token selling is considered as the regular profit, which can be used immediately depending on the plan of business. The expiration applies to the tokens which are paid to the employees as well, and they will be paid by the account of the company, according to a specific plan.
Is there any specific way to buy a large amount of tokens?
- If you are willing to buy tokens of more than 25,000USD on Pre-sale or 250,000USD on the regular sale, please contact us via E-mail([email protected]edia.io).
Specific way to sort out the official account of Medipedia?
- We report them once we find them out on Twitter or Google, but there will be more swindlers coming up as it is going closer to ICO. You can check out the official channel of our team on our website. Please do not trust anyone except for “admin” in our Telegram group.
The minimum amount of funding?(softcap)
- The soft cap of Medipedia is 1,000,000USD
What about hardcap?
- The hard cap of Medipedia is 10,000,000USD.