RedFund: Real Estate Development Fund
We provide access to Real Estate Development investments through Ethereum-based token, with a clear buy-back policy
Development, Operations & Asset Management
• Managing Partner at ID8 Capital. Focused on Asset & Portfolio Management
• Led the Mexico’s Transaction team for Prudential Real Estate Investors; executing transactions and strategic joint ventures valued at over USD 1.4bn..
• Led the divestment of two mixed use and retail funds in Mexico valued at USD 1.7bn.
• Spearheaded the analysis of diverse assets in Brazil, Chile and Argentina for a total value of roughly USD 2.4bn.
• Coordinated property appraisals for a total value of USD 3.4 bn.
• Held diverse leadership positions at Prudential in areas such as Portfolio Management, Underwriting, Research and Transactions
• Telematics Engineer by the Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology and a Certificate in Investment Project Valuation by the same institution.
Acquisitions & Investment Strategy
• Managing Partner at ID8 Capital. Focused on acquisitions underwriting and investment strategy.
• Head of Private Equity for the Citi locally managed pension fund (Citibanamex Afore) where he managed roughly USD 5bn in private equity and real asset investments.
• Investment Officer at the International Finance Corporation (Part of the World Bank) managing private equity investments in East Africa.
• Chief Investment Officer at Sinequanon Capital, an investment fund.
• Gained financial analysis and investment experience at Citi, UBS and Bank of America.
• Successfully completed the first two levels of the CFA program.
• MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business withconcentrations in finance and economics.
Capital Markets & Business Development
• Managing Partner at ID8 Capital. Focused on capital markets and business development. Over 35 years of experience in the financial industry.
• Founder and Managing Partner at Sinequanon Capital, an investment fund.
• CFO at Higer México, a transportation company.
• Founded LMB Asesores, an investment advisory firm where he managed roughly USD 400mn.
• Executive Director at UBS, Director of Equities at CBI Casa de Bolsa (Currently Monex) and Associate Director of Fixed Income at
Operadora de Bolsa (currently Santander).
• Formed part of the board of the Zurich locally managed pension fund (Zurich Afore), Sigma Inversora and Consulting Centro México.
• Actuary by the Mexico National Autonomous University.
Managing Partner at Alcrecob y Asociados, S.C
• Managing Partner at Alcrecob y Asociados, S.C., a boutique investment bank and financial advisory firm.
• Acted as Deputy CEO at Banco Inverlat (Currently Scotiabank), CEO of Casa de Bolsa Inverlat (Currently Scotiabank). and CEO of Grupo Fin.
• Served as board member of Cintra S.A de C.V., Grupo Salinas y Rocha, S.A. de C.V., ING Seguros, S.A. de C.V., Synkro, S.A. de C.V., among other companies.
• Bachelor of Business Administration from the Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology and a Banking Law certificate by the Universidad Iberoamericana.
Board Member of GMD Resorts SAB
• Independent Board Member of GMD Resorts SAB (Grupo Mexicano de Desarrollo).
• President of the Board of Pleuslite and member of Oilfield Mexico.
• Mexico’s Ambassador to Singapore from 2001 to 2005.
• Honorary Business Represenative of International Enterprise Singapore
• MBA from Clark University and Economist by the Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology
Senior Partner at Cervantez Sainz
• Senior Partner at Cervantez Sainz and head of the Real Estate practice.
• Has been published as one of the leaders in the real estate sector by Chambers and Partners Latin America.
• Acted as Partner at Greenberg Traurig where he headed the real estate practice and executed important transactions nationally.
• Formed part of Ritch Mueller and Jauregui Navarrete y Nader.
• Master of Law from Northwestern University School of Law, Business Administration Certificate from Kellogg School of Management and Bachelor of Law from Universidad Anáhuac.
CEO of Savills Mexico
• CEO of Savills Mexico, one of the largest real estate firms worldwide.
• Structured diverse transactions including: Latitud Polanco (Corporativo Nestle), Torre Acuario, Las Ramblas Guadalajara, and Vyve Lago Alberto and has worked with the largest national and international real estate funds and developers.
• Acted as Managing Partner at PdeA Abogados.
• Law degree from Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Crowdsale (75%)
- Team (25%)
Cost of the token1000 tokens for 1 eth
Price without discounts
Rate the project
Estimate the project on a five-point scale or switch to the simple scale
Estimate the project on a simple scale or switch to the five-point scale
Relevance of the problem and Market size
Founders, Team & Advisors
Budget allocation and roadmap
Token economy, Tokenization & Business model
Distribution & Lock up of tokens, Discounts for early buyers
Summary rate the project
Rate the project by other users4
The only possible advantage is that the project offers discounts for early investors on pre-ICO stage.
Risks and disadvantages
The website is very ''poor''. It has limited information about the platform. In addition, there is no demo or alpha version. Team does not look real. They do not have account on social networks. t least, that is mentioned on the website. The same is applied to advisors. Marketing policy is also conducted no in the proper way. There are limited number of social networks (Reddit, Medium, Telegram and Twitter). 25 % of all tokens are reserved for the team. That index is very high, as the token rate can be easily manipulated, when it enters the market.
Overall, the project looks as a scam and the team is running ICO just to raise and not develop the platform itself. As a whole, I do not suggest people to put money in crowdsale
The team plans to use half of the returns for their buy-back programme, which is designed to create token shortage, which leads to the growth of the demand for tokens and increase of token's value.
Risks and disadvantages
Since the token will be listed on exchanges, I think some reserve fund for promotion would be of use. It would allow to raise awareness and to incentivise the growth of the demand for tokens.
Professionals with a great experience in real estate business will develop this project. So I think ICO-fund will be used for investing in very profitable real estate projects. And I suppose they should also focus on the developing of other important components of a successful blockchain start-up.
Actually a very good idea, very untypical for the blockchain industry overall. Furthermore, it's supported by the experienced Team and Advisors.
Risks and disadvantages
A couple of points which I noted as risky points:
- Business diversification, as it's currently only concentrated on Latin America which is quite an unstable market.
- The white paper needs more details regarding profitability model, information about partners, promo plans, etc.
Development Funds Administrator based on the blockchain sounds very interesting and "techie" at the same time.
The project has advisers and partners. Returns to investors are expected at 30% annually. This startup will be executed by the team of professionals, who have many years of experience in developing real estate projects.
Risks and disadvantages
The team informs us that 100% of raise funds will be directed to acquiring and developing real estate projects. But more detailed information would be welcomed. What exactly "developing" means... I suppose it may include marketing expenses, legal fund, reserve fund etc...
The idea is transparent, the goal is clear, the whitepaper is concise and easy to understand. And those are real advantages, though planning and financial part are not that elaborated.